Tuesday, March 1, 2011

First Day of Work = SUCCESS!

So today was my first day working at Potomac Valley Veterinary Hospital and it was AMAZING! I had so much fun and the girls I worked with were really friendly and it was a nice, casual atmosphere. I worked mainly with cats, because the hospital works closely with 4 Paws, which is a cat rescue, so most of the cats we have are up for adoption and are just in our care. I had to clean a lot of cages, wash food bowls and litter boxes, fed the animals, and cuddled with them all. I did the "dirty" work, I guess you could say. But I loved every second of it! I also worked with an adorable dog named Toby, who was hit by a car. It was sad, but I felt good that I could help take care of him. I also did housekeeping stuff, like vacuuming, taking out the trash, and washing dishes, but every second I was there, I was enjoying myself - and that was 5 hours! I was told I will allso be helping with medical procedures (as much as I can), which will be interesting...and I know I'll learn a lot.

My next day of work is Thursday, and I'm already excited! I'll be updating a lot about my days at work and the cuties I get to work with. I can't wait for Thursday! So glad I got this job. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment