Thursday, February 17, 2011

Email from the Vet

Back in November or so, I decided to look for a job around Fairfax by my school where I could start getting some animal experience. I noticed that there was a veterinary clinic across the street from Mason, in a strip mall called University Mall. I decided to email them, as well as some other veterinary clinics in the area, telling them that although I don't have any veterinary experience, I'm really looking for hands-on animal time, and I told them my goals. 


Since then, I've been in contact with the vet at University Mall, and I've scheduled an interview for Monday the 21st. (It was scheduled for last week originally, but I was sick). I'm really excited about the opportunity to be interviewed, but as of right now, the manager has told me there are no current openings...he just wants to interview me in case something opens, and he will also pass on my interview to other local vets. SCORE!


Well, last night I got an email from one of the other vets in Fairfax, saying that there is a job opening and that the manager would like to talk to me. I immediately responded, and I'm hoping I get the chance to talk to him on the phone soon to figure out if I'm right for the job. I'm really excited about that possibility.


Just wanted to update...that's the latest. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment