Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Overview of my blog

I’ve never written on a blog before, so I’m not really sure how this works. But I’m doing this as a way to keep track and look at the ways I’m working towards my dream job and goal in the future - to be an animal trainer. For those of you who don’t know me, my ultimate dream is to be a killer whale trainer at SeaWorld. Ever since my first trip to SeaWorld, I’ve just thought it would be the coolest job, and it fits right into my interests - I’ve been an animal lover for as long as I can remember. 
I’m a freshman in college now, and I’m really excited about going for my dream. I know some people see it as “far-fetched.” After all, there isn’t an enormous number of killer whale trainers in the world, but doesn’t that make it even cooler? I have inspiration all around me. Every day, I wake up excited to take steps and get closer to my goal. Preparing for my future and hopeful career is really becoming a lifestyle, and it’s already a journey that excites me. 
So, this blog is going to help me keep track of everything I’m doing. I’ll talk about things like job ideas, volunteer opportunities, work outs…really anything that I feel is getting me closer to my dream. I want to be able to look back at it someday and feel proud that I made my dream a reality. Fingers crossed. :)



This is a picture of one of my inspirations - a trainer at SeaWorld Orlando, Shana Groves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment